5 Tips to Avoid Counterfeits
- Only purchase from trusted sources.
- Check electrical manufacturers’ websites to find authorized retailers and dealers.
- Only purchase items that have been tested and marked.
- Only use licensed, insured, and bonded contractors that will stand behind their work.
- Products and packaging with typos and misspellings have a high likelihood of being counterfeit.
How to Report Counterfeits
Visit IPRCenter.gov to report counterfeits.
Using qualified electricians and purchasing from reputable retailers gives you: safety, security, and the backing of the manufacturer.