Electricity is all around us. Learning how to properly use electricity when charging your phone or other electronics can help you avoid painful injuries and keep the devices in working order
Back to School Safety
- Do not play on or around utility poles or power lines; you can get hurt!
- Stay away from green box transformers or other electrical equipment; you can get shocked!
- Never insert anything other than an electrical plug into an electrical outlet. You can damage your home and hurt yourself if you do!
- Stay away from power stations and substations.
- Make sure your kitchen and bathrooms have GFCI protected outlets
- Unplug appliances when not in use
- Never leave cooking or appliances unattended
- Make sure you have working smoke alarms and never disable a smoke alarm when cooking
Learn How to Test Safety Outlets
- Plug in a nightlight to the outlet you’re testing
- Press test, the light should turn off
- Press reset, the light should turn back on
- If light does not turn on, have a qualified electrician inspect the outlet